Martin Williams: Trusted Criminal Defense Lawyer
Martin Williams was born and raised in Fresno, California. He earned his bachelor’s degree from California State University, Fresno, in 1980. He obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from San Joaquin College of Law and was admitted to practice law in 1987. While at San Joaquin College of Law, he was the editor of the law school newspaper, The Dicta. In 2011, Mr. Paboojian was inducted into the San Joaquin College of Law Hall of Fame because of his outstanding trial advocacy.
In 2017, Mr. Williams was selected Cal-Abota trial lawyer of the year. In 2008, the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) selected Mr. Williams as their trial lawyer of the year. Mr. Williams practices in the area of personal injury which primarily encompasses catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and wrongful termination.
Verdicts & Settlements
He has obtained over $100,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. In 2007, He obtained the largest employment verdict against a public entity in the United States for $19.1 Million. The following cases are some of the verdicts and settlements that Mr. Paboojian has obtained on behalf of his clients:
- $ 19.1 Million – Stacy Johnson–Klein v. California State University, Fresno – Employment Case
- $ 10 Million – John Doe v. Jane Doe Corporation – Auto Accident/Personal Injury
- $ 9 Million – Jane Doe & John Doe v. Concrete Pumping Truck Company – Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
- $ 5.7 Million – Gil Chavez v. D.R. Horton San Diego – Crane Accident/Spinal Cord Injury
- $ 4 Million – Martin Rodriguez v. Jason Peden – Personal Injury/Spinal Cord Injury
Organizations & Memberships
In 2008, Mr. Williams was president of the San Joaquin Valley Chapter of ABOTA. He has addressed a number of legal organizations, including San Joaquin College of Law, in the area of civility. From 2004-2006, he served on the Board of Directors for the Fresno County Bar Association. He has provided a number of lectures to various organizations including law schools, civic groups, and health care providers in the area of personal injury and wrongful termination.
Honors & Achievements
- 2018 CAL-ABOTA Trial Lawyer Of The Year
- 2017 Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Super Lawyers’ Top 100 Lawyers in California
Honors & Achievements
Greek (fluent), English (fluent), French, Italian.